Step-by-step guide on how to become an LIC Agent/Adviser
12th standard pass
Age 18 and above
- After meeting the Development Officer who is authorised person to appoint adviser, required forms and documents are submitted to office.
- An interview will be conducted, and if found suitable, you will be sent to training at Divisional/Agency Training Centre.
- The training (which can be done offline or online) is for 25 hours and covers all aspects of Life Insurance Business and information about other financial instruments available in India.
- After successful completion of training you will have sit for Pre-Licencing examination conducted by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA).
- After successful completion of the examination you will be awarded an appointment letter by LIC of India to work as an insurance Agent/Adviser.
- You will be appointed as an Agent/Adviser by the Branch Office and you will be a part of the team under your Development Officer.
- The Development Officer will play the most important role in your career as an adviser and impart you field training and other valuable inputs which will help you in the market place.
Documents to be Required:
1) 4 Photos
2) Photo ID (Aadhar Card, Driving License OR Voter ID)
3) Residence Proof (Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID, Light Bill, Telephone Bill OR Rent Agreement)
4) PAN Card
5) 12th Marks Sheet
6) Graduation Certificate (if any)
7) Post Graduation Certificate (if any)
8) Bank Detail (Cancelled Cheque OR Copy of Passbook 1st Page)
One time Fees to be Paid for Getting Appointed as Insurance Adviser:
150 - Registration Fees
400 - Training Fees
500 - Exam Fees
1050 - Total
This fees is levied according to IRDA rules and receipt will be issued for the fees paid as above.
This will be only one time investment. No further fees will be levied.
Can I Become An Adviser/Agent?
You certainly can if,
You are outgoing and like meeting people,
You are ambitious to own a business
You only want your clients to be your bosses
And you want to decide your working hours
Unlimited earning potential;
A clear career path; all round support through exclusive advertising, your own in-house consultant, and world-class training:
A comprehensive benefit package
Rewards & Recognition
They are a key source of business for the organization, and are the continuing link with our clients. That is why; we take a lot of care in recruiting and developing our agency force, so that we continue to set higher standards of quality in service and salesmanship. To cater to the needs of the knowledge-oriented marketplace, we look for graduates who are service-oriented, good communicators and enjoy meeting new people. Prior sales experience is an added benefit.
Some of The Qualities We seek Are:
A master communicator
A graduate or Post Graduate